Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Pool Part 1

I said I would not take on any more projects until I finished the kitchen... I was wrong. We started taking out the pool this last weekend.

On Friday my brother informed me that we needed to have the pool ready for fill dirt at the end of next week. My parents are redoing their backyard and have tons of dirt they need to get rid of. Instead of us buying dirt to fill in our pool we are going to use their extra dirt from their yard. They get a bobcat in a week so we have to be ready to take all of that dirt. That means have the pool ready to fill. We started on Friday by poking holes in the pool liner and draining the half foot of water that had accumulated. Also cutting down the liner from the walls.

Saturday we decided that the concrete needed to start being cracked up so we could get to the cinder block walls easier. We had a few friends come over to help us and we started right away.

 
We made great progress.

Within 2 hours we had the whole concrete pool surround broken up and stacked into piles.

Next step will be to clean up the piles and get ready for Monday when we start removing cinder block.

No comments:

Post a Comment