Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dining Room Table

While we were home after the honeymoon we decided it was time to buy a table for the dining room. We looked around and almost bought a large, marble topped table with leather chairs. We knew it would be heavy and hard to move but we liked it. We decided we would buy it but first, we wanted to check another store to see if they had the table for a better price. We walked in and couldn't find the table, but found a completely different table that caught our eye. After some debate we decided that this new table was the one that was meant to be. So we bought it, picked it up and put it together once we got home.

As with the TV stand, Steph took the lead and began putting the table together. It was actually pretty easy. The table sits on top of a center stand, instead of having four legs. So we just had to put together the stand, which has some storage space and a wine rack, and mount the table top to it.

First here's Steph putting the stand together.



Pretty easy. It only took about a half hour to put the stand togther. Luckily, my parents showed up to look at the table and my dad assisted in lifting the table top onto the stand.



The chairs also had to be assembled, which was my job. That was definitely a pain in the ass. That's why there are no pictures, because I was frustrated and cussing the chairs out! We had people over the night we bought the table and Rick and Travis each put one together. Garrett also helped put one together.

The final result looks pretty nice, I'm definitely happy with our choice.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ones...All of a sudden I remembered that I had bookmarked this page. Boy, am I glad. What you have done is absolutely amazing! You have a beautiful home and have allowed (coerced, cajoled, threatened) your friends to be a real part of it..how special. I can't wait to come see you in it. IF we ever get a new car, I'm hoping that Alb will be one of the first places I drive to. We're supposed to have more snow tonight and tomorrow but I'm going to finish the chili and then make some beef stew and keep warm. So much for my dr. wanting me to lose 10 lbs!! It's winter and comfort food time...judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a picture with your new light and mirror now! They look super awesome!

    ReplyDelete