Saturday, February 7, 2015

Closet space

The last few years I have been going crazy over constantly going into the guest bedroom to get dressed everyday. The master closet has never been functional for us, we could only fit Geoffs clothes in there and a couple of pairs of shoes. It was nothing special. I was stuck with my clothes in the guest room closet or in a dresser. This meant it was much harder figuring out what I actually had to wear. Well, I finally cracked and tore apart the master closet. I bought a few items, reused every single piece I tore out and stressed over the new layout. After a couple days of hard work and a few gift cards later I might actually have a close to finished master closet. I only have a bit of painting to finish and a decision on flooring but it's way more functional now! For the first time in 6 years I have all my clothing in the same place!



I got two shoe racks to store both mine and Geoffs shoes.  Added bonus: here is enough space for Baseball hats!


I added more shelves on the right side of the shoe racks, My intentions for those shelves is to store all the master bedroom linens and maybe our big towels.

On the other side of the closet I built a shelf for all our pants.


This still needs to be painted.


It blows my mind a little bit that we can actually fit all of our clothing in this closet now. 



In other closet news, I also tore apart the coat closet at the front of the house. This is now able to store my jackets and all our board games in addition to Geoffs' coats that were already in there.


My goal this year to to add storage space to the house and make it feel bigger. Two closets down, one to go. I'm looking at your guestroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment