Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

This last weekend was anything but boring. I started staining cabinets, they look amazing. I love the red tones and all the dark grain. I put two coats of stain on and contemplated a third but I think this is the perfect balance of dark color and wood grain showing through.

Later that day I went over to my parents house and helped them with a major backyard remodel. To kicked off the big project we started taking the wood fence down that separates the two yards. Then we really got moving by taking out the retaining wall. We had put this railroad tie retaining wall in a few years ago but now we need to take it down and move it back 7 feet to create more space. They are planning to put a car port in the yard for their trucks. We had a lot to do but both the wood fence and the railroad tie retaining wall came down pretty fast. 


My brother had a good time kicking the wall over after we took out the supports.

We got a lot done! Actually there was a lot more done but I left early to get ready for Easter dinner.
It was a very busy weekend. I got a total of 5 cabinets stained and 5 drawer fronts stained. I have not started on any doors yet and I still need to apply my polyurethane to the finished pieces. I feel very good with what I accomplished this weekend. I have 8 cabinets left, 5 of which have not even been stripped yet. I still have a LONG way to go. Definitely no more projects until I finish this kitchen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment