Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jewelry Organizer

Last year, I did a lot of projects and never blogged about them. No surprise to me. I just wanted my projects done and would move onto the next one. Or maybe I am just lazy about writing posts. Either way I have a few projects that I have finally decided to post about.

A couple of months ago my parents were getting rid of this old picture frame and I really liked the frame. I could not let them just send it to goodwill. so I found a place for it at my house. I decided to turn it into a jewelry organizer.

I took the frame removed the glass, the matte and cardboard backing.
Spray painted the frame a fun teal color. 
Pre-drilled holes for the hooks.
Hand screwed in each hook. This took a bit more time and muscle than I was expecting.
Once I had all the hooks screwed in, I hung the frame in place and organized all my necklaces. 

I have really liked the way it looks and it has been very functional. 


No comments:

Post a Comment